Dubai Multi Commodities Center (DMCC) Free Zone is a well recognized, appreciated and valued free trade area. It is a #1 free zone and choice for a UAE business setup since 2002 as it highly encourages and promotes ways to benefit trade opportunities.
DMCC in a Nutshell
DMCC free zone has gained the reputation of being the most accelerating free zones in the world. Here are some reasons why:
- The base of initiation to create the DMCC free zone was purely for trade. Since DMCC free zone is located in a prime location in Dubai, one of the most trade oriented cities in the world, it had to be capitalized as an opportunity to nurture.
- The DMCC free zone promotes trade in precious metals such as gold, diamonds and edibles such as tea and raw materials.
Fun facts about DMCC Free Zone to make you go woah
- The DMCC Tea Centre deals with 53 million kilos of tea annually.
- The DMCC Free Zone is located in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT), a 200 hectare business and residential community with over 100,000 individuals residing and working. There are 87 towers that support the community for personal and professional purposes.
- More than 600 retail outlets are part of DMCC Free Zone.
- A grand number of more than 19,000 companies are registered as part of DMCC Free Zone.
- Known to be ‘’made for trade’’.
- Organizes annual events based on different themes but primarily related to trade such as e.g Dubai Precious Metals Forum.
- Fun and innovative companies are part of DMCC Free Zone such as Daewoo, Pepsi, Bvlgari and much more.
What can I do for business at DMCC Free Zone
There are mainly 3 choices you can choose from:
- Establish a new company
Under this option you get to explore an entire business setup opportunity or opt for a single family office. Opening a subsidiary is also possible.
- Open a branch office
Under this option you get to express your interest to open a branch office for an existing entity.
- Transfer a business
For whichever reason you decide to take a break or part ways, transferring a business has only become easier. Not only do you get to sustain the efforts to build the company but also keep current bank accounts active without any hassle. You will also receive a Certificate of Continuance from DMCC. This is applicable for local and international businesses.
Facilities offered by DMCC Free Zone
The prime and convenient location of DMCC Free Zone is a major contributor to making it a premium choice for many business owners. JLT is known for having everything under one roof and ease in public transport connections, for example having 2 metro stations.
There are 4 main options of facilities to explore when deciding to opt for DMCC Free Zone for business setup purposes:
- flexi-desk facility office space
- serviced desk or office
- executive office located in any of the business towers located in JLT
- Warehouse in JAFZA free zone
Apart from corporate facilities you will find personal accommodation, community facilities e.g mosque, kids playground and grocery stores.
License Options in DMCC Free Zone
There are various types of business licenses to choose from when it comes to setting up a business at DMCC Free Zone. The following are some business licenses you can choose from:
- Trading License
Permits the import, export, distribution, consolidation, and storing of almost all product types.
- Service License
With this type of business license you can participate in service oriented business activities specifically mentioned on the license.
- Industrial License
Permits the execution of light production activities specified on the license.
Requirement for Business Setup
Basic documents to start your dream business at DMCC Free Zone include the following:
- Passport copy
- Passport size photo
- Bank reference or statement
- Business plan
*Note: that the above mentioned are basic requirements. Case to case variations depending on the type of business activity and business license require tailored documents. To know exactly which documents you may need to submit, contact us.
The steps to formation are as follows:
- Submit your application with required documents
- Activity and name approval process
- Official company registration
- Clear dues and payments
- Collect final registration certificate, license and lease agreement
Impressed with the types of licenses and the chance to sow the seeds of success?
Great, to know more about what you need to start off your business at DMCC Free Zone fill out your preferences at Airzone Explorer.
DMCC Free Zone Fees
The costs associated with starting a business at DMCC Free Zone depend on the type of business license you choose to acquire along with how many UAE Resident visas you need. Here are some basic costs that are subject to change but can give an estimation:
- Pre-approval 1,035 AED
- License fee 20,285 AED
- Flexi-desk 17,500 AED
- Security deposit 1,000 AED
- Establishment card 1,800 AED
- One-time registration fee 9,020 AED
- Memorandum and Articles 2,020 AED
TOTAL: 52,660 AED
*Note: these are basic costs which are subject to change without notice. Also, costs are not limited to the above mentioned. To know more about various types of fees and costs that may be incurred, contact us.
Pro’s & Con’s of Company Formation in DMCC Free Zone
With the endless options to choose from when picking a free zone, each free zone comes with its own pro’s and con’s.
- It is a top trade oriented free zone in Dubai and globally recognized
- Top notch facilities and opportunities to grow
It is on the expensive end and also takes 2-4 weeks for approval.
Start your dream business in the UAE at DMCC Free Zone
We want to help you move from thoughts and into action. It is certain that tailored situations demand tailored approaches, this is where Airzone comes. When it comes to setting up your business in the UAE, there are a list of documents and fees that may come as a surprise to you. We take away the surprises. All you need to do is submit the needed documents, we handle the rest.
Book your free zone consultation today and start your much awaited dream business swiftly and smoothly, only with Airzone.