How To Check Emirates ID Fine?
In the United Arab Emirates, Emirates ID Finaes are prevalent, and they can be rather costly. Foreign nationals who live in the United Arab Emirates may also be punished by the police or the government for their actions. If an expatriate is found to have broken UAE immigration rules, he or she might face hefty penalties and perhaps even jail time.
Faking an Emirates ID is punishable by fines of up to $10,000. Violations and various types of penalties have different rates depending on their severity. The Identity and Citizenship Authority (ICA) is responsible for issuing and regulating Emirates ID cards. If you have an Emirates ID, it’s important to know how to check the fine balance on it.
Emirates ID fines can be a bit confusing, especially if you’re not familiar with how they work. Here’s a quick guide on how to check how much you owe, and how to pay your Emirates ID fine.
How to check Emirates ID Fine?
The process to check Emirates ID fines is as follows:
- If you have any questions regarding how to check your Emirates ID fines online, please visit the Abu Dhabi Police Department’s official website. If you have a smartphone, you may use the Abu Dhabi Police app. You may get the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, whichever one you choose.
- When you visit the website, you’ll see the following choices for checking your traffic fines:
- Inquiring by traffic number
- Inquiring by Emirates ID (Individual fines)
- Inquiring by vehicle plate
- Inquiring by driving license
- Following your pick, you’ll be requested to provide your Emirates ID number, which you may find in your passport.
- Next, enter the letters and digits that appear in the picture to complete the captcha.
- Once all of these steps have been completed, press the “Submit” button.
- The details of your offense will be shown on a new page. You’ll be able to see a lot of minutes details related to your offense, including the following:
- Fine year
- Fine date
- Fine number
- Fine amount
- Source of fine, etc.
- If your Emirates ID has no outstanding fines, the system will display this message – “There are no penalties according to the conditions imposed in the inquiry process” when you click the submit button.
Offline procedure to check Emirates Id fine
If you have received a fine from Emirates ID, there is an offline procedure to dispute the fine and have it waived. To start this process, you will need to gather the following information:
- Your Emirates ID number
- The date of the fine
- The amount of the fine
Next, you will need to fill out the Emirates ID Dispute Form, which can be downloaded from the Emirates ID website. In section 2 of the form, you will need to provide the information you gathered in step 1. In section 3, you will need to provide an explanation of why you believe the fine was issued in error. Finally, you will need to sign the form and submit it.
The majority of individuals are paying their fines online due to Covid, but if you have any doubts about the online system or want to pay in person, you may visit one of many Emirates Identity Authority offices in Sharjah to make your payment. You may pay your penalties in person with your own hands, and you will get a receipt as evidence of payment.
How to pay the Emirates ID fine?
There are a few more ways besides using your Emirates ID card to pay your traffic fines. To further streamline the fine payment process for citizens and expats, the government of the UAE has done a lot.
Paying fines in the United Arab Emirates can now be done either online or in person, according to the government’s decision. It is totally up to the individual to decide which of the two possibilities they prefer. The payment system allows you to make an online payment. You may pay your fines and penalties on the website’s fines and penalties page. Alternatively, you may pay the fee in person at a police station to have the charges dismissed entirely. Fine receipts are given to those who pay their fines in full.
1. Self-service kiosks
Drivers unfamiliar with online payment methods for traffic fines can use the SAHL – Smart Teller Kiosk. Traffic fines can be inquired about and paid at kiosks, as well as your driver’s license or vehicle registration certificate being replaced.
Your Emirates ID number is all that is required to view the information about all of your registered vehicles. These kiosks have made the process of paying fines a lot more convenient.
2. Abu Dhabi Police portal
To pay penalties through the Abu Dhabi Police e-service, you must first register using your Emirates ID and then get a one-time password via email (OTP). You’ll need to create a username and password in order to finish the process.
On the website where you registered, you should be able to see all of your violations and outstanding fines. Using your Visa or MasterCard, you may pay for your fines.
3. Emirates Vehicle Gate
The EVG website is similar to the Abu Dhabi Police Portal in that it enables customers to pay fines through the Internet. Insurance, accident claims, and policy renewals can all be done privately through the website.
Simply, choose Pay Traffic Fines from the drop-down box on their website to get started. The alternative is to pay your fines using their mobile app.
To pay fines, log in to TAMM using your UAE PASS or SmartPass. In order to pay traffic fines, you must provide both your Emirates ID and the license plate number of your car. The Abu Dhabi Police Department provides the service. You may reach the company’s support team at 8003333 if you need assistance.
5. MOI UAE
The Ministry of Interior’s website has an Electronic Services section where traffic fines may be paid electronically.
You must first establish an account in order to make payments. Another alternative is to register for traffic and licensing services with UAE PASS.
Afterward, you’ll be able to search for and pay any fines you may have accrued. Alternatively, you may download the MOI app for Android or iOS devices. To make use of the service, you must first create an account using either your Emirate ID or a valid email address.
How many types of Emirates ID fines are there?
There are various types of Emirates ID fines. Check out the list below:
- Breaching Covid-19 rules
- Breaching Jaywalking rule
- Delay in Emirates ID registration
- Additional individual violations
- Breaching traffic rules – for example, crossing the speeding limit when driving a vehicle
You may be trying to renew your Emirates ID or Visa because it has expired. There are penalties that must be paid before you may request to have your expired Emirates ID records cleared of them. You may reapply for your Emirates ID after the fines have been paid.
How can you avoid the Emirates ID fine? (Tips to avoid)
Emirates ID fines can be costly, but there are a few things you can do to avoid them. Here are some tips:
1. Make sure you have your Emirates ID card with you when you’re traveling.
2. Carry a copy of your Emirates ID card as well.
3. Make sure your Emirates ID card is up-to-date and has not expired.
4. Make sure the information on your Emirates ID card is correct.
5. If you’re not a citizen of the UAE, make sure you have a valid residence visa.
6. Make sure your Emirates ID card is not damaged.
7. Make sure you haven’t lost your Emirates ID card.
8. If you’re a minor, make sure you have your parent or guardian’s permission to travel.
9. If you’re a student, make sure you have your student ID card with you.
If you follow these tips, you’re much more likely to avoid an Emirates ID fine. Keep in mind that fines can vary depending on the type of violation, so always be sure to check the latest fines and regulations.
Also, read our other article on How to Check Overstay Fine in UAE?
FAQs About Emirates ID Fine
What is Emirates ID fine?
Emirates ID Fine is a penalty that is charged to individuals or companies who do not comply with the Emirates ID law. The fines can range from AED 100 to AED 10,000, depending on the severity of the offense. The Emirates ID Fine is an important part of the Emirates ID system, as it helps to ensure that everyone in the UAE is registered and has their identification card.
Whether you pay or you don’t, fines will stay on your Emirates ID card until you’ve paid all of your outstanding fines. The online website of Emirates ID Card Fines can be used to submit your request to pay fines.
Is there any fine for not renewing an Emirates ID?
Yes, if you don’t renew your Emirates ID on time, you can face fines of up to 1,000 Dirhams.
How can I remove the fine from my Emirates ID?
You can have your fines removed from your Emirates ID by visiting the ICA website (ica.gov.ae) or downloading the ‘ICA UAE’ smartphone app. Once you’ve logged on to their website, go to the ‘Public Services’ section of your account. Choose ‘Application for Exemption from Delay Fees’ under ‘Emirates ID’ from the drop-down menu of available services. In order to prove that you are eligible for a fine exemption, you will need to provide supporting paperwork.
How can I check my fine in UAE?
- Visit the Abu Dhabi Police Department’s official website or download the mobile app.
- Find Traffic Fine Inquiry under Public Services.
- Select Inquire by emirates id as the inquiry method.
- Enter your emirates id number.
- Enter your code and submit it.
How do I check my fines in Dubai?
- Go to the Dubai Police Department’s website.
- Select ‘Traffic fine > Access fine’ from the ‘Services’ menu.
- Enter the fine information, including the license number, plate number, traffic file number, and fine number, into the appropriate fields.
- You may use a credit or debit card to make a payment after you’ve entered the information.
How can I waive a fine in the UAE?
It is not possible to waive your fines in UAE, until or unless you have very strong reasons that can convince the police, immigration officer, or other related departments.
How can I check my Emirates ID details?
- Consult the FAIC website at www.icp.gov.ae (This link is only accessible in the United Arab Emirates)
- Input your Application Number or Emirates ID number in the appropriate field.
- A popup window displaying the current status of the application will appear.
- Keep checking Emirates ID status over time to avoid any inconvenience.
Can Emirates ID be traced?
Using the ‘instant tracking tool’ on EIDA’s website, you may keep track of the progress of your loved one’s application for a new Emirates ID card or the renewal of an existing card.
In the United Arab Emirates, the Emirates ID is the most important document. Emirates ID is important because it is the official government identification document in the United Arab Emirates. It is used for a variety of purposes, including identification, banking, and travel. Emirates ID is also required for certain government transactions, such as voting or registering a business.
When traveling anywhere in the United Arab Emirates, a person must always have their ID with them at all times.
In case you commit an offense as per UAE law, the government has made the process of paying fines simpler and more convenient than ever. Fines can now be paid from anywhere by visiting the FAIC website.
In case you need help setting up a business in the country, we have a detailed guide on how to set up a business in Dubai. With a thorough understanding of the UAE’s business scene, you should be well prepared to establish a company in the country. If you need information regarding free zones, we also have detailed articles on different free zones in UAE.