For everyone keen to set up their budget-friendly overseas business in the UAE, Ajman Mainland is one of the most suitable locations. Many entrepreneurs and overseas investors prefer to create a business setup in Ajman Mainland because of its ideal geostrategic location and business-friendly infrastructure.
Although Ajman is the smallest of the 7 emirates in the United Arab Emirates, it is one of the biggest in terms of trade.
Ajman Mainland is a popular place for business setup due to its excellent location and convenient accessibility.
Popular industries for Ajman Mainland business setting include real estate, retail, construction, transportation, and business services. In Ajman, starting a business is a quick and simple process.
If you’re looking to understand the intricacies of Ajman Mainland business setup, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. This guide will take you through the process of setting up your business, from obtaining the necessary licenses and permits to finding the perfect location. With a little planning and effort, you’ll be on your way to starting a successful business in Ajman mainland. Let’s get started!
What Is Ajman Mainland?
Ajman is one of the famous port cities of the UAE with neighboring Emirates of Umm Al Quwain and Sharjah. Ajman is about 35 minutes from Dubai and boasts a port that welcomes 1,000 vessels annually. The emirate’s GDP is a most outstanding $4.23 billion annually, and investments there are expanding at a pace of about 5% annually.
The Ajman Department of Economic Development governs Ajman Mainland, which regulates and supervises the business infrastructure of the Mainland jurisdictions. Therefore, Ajman shares almost the same business setup compliances and corporate policies as other mainlands in the UAE.
With 100% business ownership of Ajman Mainland business setup, foreign investors can leverage the booming economy and high potential market of the UAE. And with the UAE’s modern infrastructure and business-friendly economic policies, your Ajman Mainland business setup can offer exceptional growth opportunities.
Benefits of Company Formation in Ajman Mainland
You can experience remarkable perks by creating a business setup in Ajman Mainland. Some of these perks and opportunities include.
- 100% business ownership for foreign investors
- Low taxation benefits
- Budget-friendly business setup
- Relatively lower cost of living compared to other Emirates of the UAE
- Ideal geostrategic location
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Low-cost office spaces and warehouse locations
Facilities in Ajman Mainland
The top-notch facilities in Ajman Mainland come with the most cost-effective solutions and resources that you may find hard to get in the other relatively expensive Emirates of the UAE. You can easily acquire:
- Budget-friendly furnished and non-furnished offices spaces
- Spacious warehouses with modern facilities to support fast-paced logistics operations
- World-class business ecosystem and modern infrastructure
- Quick access to Dubai & Sharjah international airports
- Modern nearby ports with access to the modern highways
- Lower labor cost
Best Businesses to Start in Ajman Mainland
Ajman harbors various SMBs and enterprise-scale businesses with continuously expanding business avenues to facilitate more local and foreign entities. Some most profitable business ideas for your Ajman Mainland business setup include:
- Tourism & Travel Businesses
- Real Estate Business
- Financial & Insurance Services
- Construction Business
- Healthcare Industry
- Consultancy services
How to Set up Business in Ajman Mainland
The process of founding an Ajman Mainland business setup is relevantly straightforward. Still, the process may involve some additional approvals depending upon the legal structure of your company and the type of trade license you apply for. Let’s discuss the entire process with all the mandatory steps and prerequisites for company formation in Ajman Mainland.
Step 01 – Choose your business activity
The business activity reflects the nature of your business, targeted market, and industry. Choosing a suitable business activity for your Ajman Mainland business setup crucial step of your company formation journey. Later in the following process, the type of your trade license will be determined by the type of business activity(s) you choose in the first step.
You cannot choose business activities that do not align with the UAE’s religious, social, and moral code. Your business activities define the legal structure of your Ajman Mainland business setup (such as LLC, GCC, etc.). Therefore, you may require additional approvals from the concerned authorities based on your business activities.
Step 02 – Reserve your Trade name
Once you select the suitable business activity(s) to integrate under the umbrella of your business setup in Ajman Mainland, the next step is to reserve the tradename. Your tradename or business name is your business’s unique identity in the UAE’s crowded business ecosystem. The process involves two steps:
- Check out the availability of your trade name on the Ajman DED E-Services portal.
- Registering your trade name with the Ajman Department of Economic Development (Ajman DED).
For successful approval of your trade name, ensure that your trade name must fulfill the following criteria.
- The acronym of your company’s legal structure follows your trade name. For example, [Trade Name] LLC for Limited Liability Company.
- It must align with the UAE’s religious, social, and moral norms.
- It must be unique and not reserved by another business entity.
- Your trade name must not possess any words reserved for government entities and local bodies or departments in the UAE.
Step 03 – Get initial approval
Initial approval for your Ajman Mainland Business setup unlocks your way for the further process down the line, like getting your trade license, reserving your office space, etc. The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Corporation (MOFAIC) confirms the initial approval of your business. The process is exclusively mandatory for overseas investors looking forward to starting a Mainland company or branch of their overseas business in the UAE. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs smart company registration portal allows companies and individuals to get their initial approval done and track the progress of their applications.
Below of the roadmap provided by UAE MOFAIC that leads to the initial approval of your business setup in Ajman Mainland.
Step 04 – Get additional approvals
As we mentioned earlier, you need to go through some additional processes and documentation based on the legal structure and business activities you choose for your company formation in Ajman Mainland. The process of getting additional approvals from the concerned authorities is subjective. Therefore it is recommended to partner with an experienced company formation service provider in the UAE. To access the authentic service provider, connect with Airzone and find the experienced service that aligns with your budget and criteria.
Step 05 – Get your trade license
You are almost here. This is the last step in completing your company formation journey in Ajman Mainland. The Ajman Department of Economic Development approves and issues the trade license for Ajman Mainland business setups.
You can apply for the trade license on Ajman DED’s online portal. Once your trade license is issued, you can continue your Mainland business operations without further delay. Once you get your trade license, you can open a corporate bank account in the UAE and start your business activities.
Ajman Mainland Company Formation Requirements
Excluding the documents required for additional approvals, you need the following documents for your company formation in Ajman Mainland.
- Trade License
- The attested agreement reflects the legal form of your company (LLC, GCC, etc.)
- Business Name reservation & initial approval documents
- Rental agreement (for rented office space) or sales deed (for purchased office space)
- Copy of Passport with a valid visa for all stakeholders and employees
- Ajman Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ACCI) Registration
License Options & Cost in Ajman Mainland
You can choose from these trade license options based on your business activity and industry.
- National Industrial License – This license excludes you from paying customs tax. For National Industrial License, your business setup in Ajman Mainland must be registered with the Gulf of Cooperation Council. The only downside is you can acquire up to 49% of your business share, and the rest will be occupied by the Gulf of Cooperation Council, with at least 40% of the manufacturing must be done in the Free Zone.
- Trading License – The trading license restricts your trading activities within the UAE. You will be barred from international trade by opting for this license category in Ajman Mainland.
- Industrial License – With Industrial License, you are allowed the Import/Export your goods and manufactured products for your business activities. It’s the most preferred license category among Mainland business owners due to no restrictions on international trade.
- Professional/Service License – As the name suggests, the license is intended to facilitate services industries such as consultancy and outsourcing firms.
- eCommerce License – Entrepreneurs who want to start their eCommerce businesses and capture the high-potential market of UAE & neighboring GCC states are encouraged to get this license.
- General Maintenance License – The license is offered to businesses linked with the maintenance of commercial and non-commercial buildings in the UAE.
The trading license cost in Ajman Mainland is:
- AED 5000 – for an entrepreneur visa (well suited for entry-level businesses)
- AED 13,535 – For a trading license (with 1 visa)
- AED 16,135 – A service license (with 1 visa)
Cost to Setup Business in Ajman Mainland
The entry-level Business setup in Ajman Mainland starts at 5,000 AED (per trade license). The budget-friendly infrastructure offered by Ajman is hard to find in the other relatively expensive Emirates of the UAE. The price may vary significantly based on the total employee visa, license category, the scale of business, and types of business activities.
Business Activities Allowed & Restricted in Ajman Mainland
Ajman Mainland business setups can choose from various business activities such as manufacturing, retail, AEC real estate, and transportation.
Whereas the business activities strictly prohibited and illegal in Ajman Mainland include:
- Import or sale of pork
- Publishing and distribution of explicit content
- Sale or purchase of illegal drugs
- Production and sales of alcoholic drinks
- Direct or Indirect services to facilitate gambling and casinos
How Airzone Can Help You Set up Business in Ajman Mainland
Airzone can help you find an experienced and trustworthy business formation service provider for your company formation needs in Ajman Mainland. We have a rich portfolio of trusted firms that are experienced in different company formation processes, including:
- Helping you choose the suitable business activities
- Trade name registration
- Choosing the proper legal structure for your company
- Getting additional approvals from the concerned authorities
- Applying for a trade license with DED
- Getting a Residence visa in the UAE
- Opening of corporate bank account in the UAE, etc
Our partner business setup service providers are known to offer exceptional company formation services in Ajman Mainland and other business jurisdictions of the UAE. Whether you want to set up a Mainland company or a Free Zone company in the UAE, connect with Airzone to access the right resources and experts.
Ajman is the most budget-friendly and ideally located business location in the UAE. For young entrepreneurs and overseas investors who want to make a debut in the rapidly growing UAE economy, Ajman is the perfect venue. With your Ajman Mainland business setup, you can start your business activities with the minimum capital investment and operation costs. Airzone can help you get in touch with an experienced business formation service provider to get you through the entire process.
Apart from Mainland business jurisdictions, you can also choose from the list of Free Zones in the UAE for 0% corporate tax and 0% import or export duties. You can learn more about creating a business setup in Dubai & UAE before starting your journey as an entrepreneur or overseas investor in the UAE by checking out our detailed guide.