How to Get a Virtual Company License in Dubai
A virtual company license in Dubai is a type of business license that allows businesses to operate without a physical office space in the city. This type of license is ideal for businesses that are looking to reduce their overhead costs, as they will not need to rent or maintain an office space. Virtual company licenses can be obtained from the Department of Economic Development in Dubai.
There are many reasons why you might want to set up a virtual company in Dubai. Perhaps you’re an entrepreneur with a great business idea but no physical presence in the city. Or maybe you’re a freelancer who wants to take advantage of the city’s business-friendly environment but doesn’t want to go through the hassle of setting up a physical office.
The virtual company license allows business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers to conduct their businesses virtually in Dubai without having to live there or have a physical presence.
With a virtual company license in hand, you’re ready to start doing business in Dubai. The city’s business-friendly environment, tax-free status, and infrastructure make it an ideal location for entrepreneurs and freelancers alike.
In this blog, we’re going to discuss the process of acquiring a virtual company license in Dubai and also its benefits.
Eligibility for Applying Dubai Virtual Company License
To be eligible for a Dubai virtual company license, you must:
- Be a UAE national or a GCC national
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have no criminal record
- Have a valid passport
- Have a valid UAE residence visa
- Have completed high school or equivalent
You will also need to submit the following documents:
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your UAE residence visa
- A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent
- A completed application forms
Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can submit your application to the Dubai Department of Economic Development.
The list of approved countries changes from time to time, so it is always best to check with the DED before you start your company registration process. Currently, the following countries are not eligible for a Dubai virtual company license:
The Process of Acquiring a Virtual Company License in Dubai
The process of acquiring a virtual company license in Dubai is not as complicated as one might think. There are a few simple steps that need to be followed in order to obtain the license.
Step #1: Registering the Company
The first step is to search for and select an available company name with the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED). The DED offers an online service that makes this process simple and straightforward. You can also reserve a company name for up to 60 days through this portal.
Once you have found and chosen an available company name, you will need to submit an application for a trade license. The trade license is the document that officially approves your business activity in Dubai.
There are two types of trade licenses available in Dubai: commercial and industrial. The type of license you require will depend on the nature of your business.
Step #2: Submit Documents Proving Credentials and Other Key Requirements
The next step is to submit a number of key documents in order to prove your credentials as well as the business’s standing. These include but may not be limited to the following:
- Copy of Trade License or Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of valid passports for all partners/directors
- No Objection Certificate from the current landlord (if the business is based on rented premises)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
Other requirements may also apply depending on the specific type of business you are running. Make sure to consult with an expert or check the Dubai Department of Economic Development’s website for more information.
Step #3: Get in Touch with the DED’s Business Licensing Department
Once you have all the required documents, the next step is to get in touch with the Dubai Department of Economic Development’s (DED) Business Licensing Department. You can do this either by visiting their offices in person or by contacting them via phone or email.
Step #4: Submit Application and Pay Fees
The final step is to submit your application along with the appropriate fees. Once your application has been approved, you will be issued with a Dubai virtual company license which will allow you to operate your business remotely from anywhere in the world
Once all the required documents have been submitted, you will be issued with a virtual company license. This license will allow you to operate your business from anywhere in the world. You will not need to set up a physical office space in Dubai. However, you will still need to comply with the laws and regulations of the UAE.
How to Set up a Virtual Office in Dubai?
Setting up a virtual office in Dubai is relatively straightforward and can provide you with a number of benefits. Here’s everything you need to know about how to set up a virtual office in Dubai:
- Choose a reputable provider: First things first, you’ll need to choose a reputable provider for your virtual office services. There are many companies that offer virtual office services in Dubai, so do your research to find one that best suits your needs.
- Choose your package: Once you’ve found a reputable provider, you’ll need to choose the right package for your needs. Most providers offer a range of packages, from basic services like a mailing address and telephone answering to more comprehensive packages that include access to meeting rooms and other business facilities.
- Get started: Once you’ve chosen your provider and package, you’ll be able to start using your virtual office straight away. This means you can start enjoying the benefits of having a presence in Dubai without the need for a physical office space.
The Cost of Dubai Virtual Business License
If you’re looking to set up a business in Dubai, one of the first things you’ll need to consider is the cost of a virtual business license. This type of license allows businesses to operate online and can be an excellent option for those looking to start an eCommerce business or expand their operations into the UAE.
Read more: How to get an eCommerce license in Dubai
The cost of a Virtual Company License in Dubai for an individual is AED 850, which includes AED 200 for the company name and AED 650 for a yearly virtual company license.
The cost of the Dubai Virtual Business License depends on the type of business activity being undertaken and the length of time for which the license is valid. The minimum cost for a one-year license is AED 15,000 and the maximum cost is AED 50,000. There are also annual renewals fees which must be paid in order to keep the license active
Benefits of Dubai Virtual Company License
Some of the main advantages of acquiring a Virtual Company License in Dubai include:
- It is a cost-effective solution for starting up a business in Dubai.
- It helps to create a physical presence for your business in Dubai, without the need to actually set up a physical office space.
- Way to do business in Dubai, as all the necessary business activities can be conducted online.
- It provides you with an opportunity to network with other businesses and professionals in Dubai.
- It gives you a platform to showcase your products and services to the world, through the use of online marketing tools and strategies.
If you’re looking to get a Virtual Company License in Dubai, there are a few things you need to take care of which includes submitting the required documents and the fees. Once you have all of these things in order, you can apply for a Virtual Company License. The process is relatively simple and straightforward, and it shouldn’t take more than a few weeks to get everything set up.
With a Virtual Company License, you’ll be able to operate your business from anywhere in the world. This is a great option for businesses that want to have a presence in Dubai but don’t necessarily want to set up a physical office. It’s also a good option for businesses that are based outside of the UAE but want to offer their services to customers in Dubai.